Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bodybuilding Muscles - Beginners Bodybuilding, Training and Getting Fit

Because of the progress I have made recently, I feel I am now in a position to give a little advice on training. You can see I have used it and got results.

Before you start any form of training, you need to ensure you are medically fit. I would advise you get checked out by a physician. You then need to ask yourself a few questions.

  • Why do I really want to do this?
  • What are the rewards going to be for me?

I have seen and done it myself - I have started training with no actual purpose in mind. This is when you try everybody's methods. I mean everybody's. You will never get the result you really want this way. This is a bit like having a road map in front of you and you are not sure where you want to go - so you start trying all the different roads hoping to end up somewhere that would be good for you.

With question 1 - why do I really want to do this - what do you want ? You need to take time out to think about this.

There are many more questions you can ask yourself. I can assure you, you need to do this before you start or you will probably waste time, money and even train wrongly and cause injuries to yourself.

Once you have an idea of what you want to do, you then have to answer question 2 - what are the rewards for you ?

  • Are you going to like yourself if you change ?
  • Will others like you ?
  • Will you be happy with your life now, and in years to come ?

This is goal-setting in a simple form. Nobody ever arrives at a destination if they do not know what direction to take. They most certainly will not be happy if they do not know why they are going there.

A very important thing you need to bear in mind which will influence your decision, is your genetic make-up. Although we are all made of the same stuff, we are all different. You need to be realistic and use common sense. I know many people in the industry will promise you the world to get you to follow their plan, but I can assure you, if you do not have the right ingredients, you can forget it. You can train all you want and you will always be disappointed with the result. You will then try to get what you want by taking various types of chemicals. This is not what it is all about. Let me give you an example - we will only look like Arnold Schwarzenegger if we do his training plan, eat the way he did, have similar genes, visualise like he did, and so on and so on. In other words, we will have to try to become him. We will never be happy because we will have lost our own identity. We are all special, all unique, and must be ourselves.

Taking all this into account, you can make a long term decision. I do not have all the answers or training methods. For example, I only have a vague idea of the type of training you would need to do to be a power lifter or strongman. I would not know all the food and supplements you need to take so there is only so far I will be able to take you.

I can show you a common sense approach to most of what you might want. I will be able to help you get into shape and look good and feel fit. The beauty of goals is you can always change your direction once you have a good foundation, and that is what I will be able to give you. The first part will take 90 to 120 days. After this you can be in a position to go into almost anything. A good muscular frame is a great starting point. Nothing is more satisfying than to be able to see the changes on a weekly basis and have others comment on how good you are looking.

I want to include women here. Women can train up to this point exactly the same as men, and I can assure you you will not become muscle bound. Men will build a lot faster and women will become fit, lean, and look great.

Once you have a platform, this is a fantastic position to launch yourself to a new life and new goals. It is my suggestion that you set a long term goal of why you are training and a 90-120 day goal to get into great shape.

Get it into your mind that training is something you will do for the rest of your life. DO NOT fall into the trap that I did - stop training and get out of shape - as it is hard work to get it back. Once you are fit and lean, it is very easy to maintain what you have, and it takes almost no time at all. It took me a long time to get as out of shape as I was. I also had to eat mountains of food to get there.

This is it - decision time. What do you want to do ? Remain a slug ? or get yourself some pride and some conditioning. There are no excuses and there never will be a right time to do this. All you have is right now. Make the leap and never look back.Click Here! to learn more about building muscle.


Via Building Muscles.org.uk

No comments: