Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Alli Experience

So, I started taking Alli diet pills. I'm not going to lie, I was very skeptical. I had done a great deal of research and read and listened to the horror stories associated with Alli. It took me a good week before I was brave enough to try it. I was terrified of the side effects. About a week ago I buckled down and started taking the pills. Let me tell you how it went.
First, Alli recommends that you start a low fat diet a few days prior to taking the pills. I was already on a "low-fat diet", having switched to skim milk about a year ago. I try to avoid fatty foods, but by no means do I dedicate a substantial amount of time to it. When I started taking the pills there was really no reaction on day 1.
Day 2 was pretty much the same. There was really no noticeable side effects from taking it. I have to say that for the first week the only thing that I noticed was weight loss. Now, I have to tell you that on day 1 I was motivated and walked four miles. After that, I didn't exercise at all. I lost three pounds last week without working really hard for it. So the bottom line is I went from 252 pounds to 249 pounds in one week, didn't really exercise, and didn't really change my diet. I felt better than I have in a long time. Fat can really bring you down.
Now what I have to say is that after such progress it's easy to start taking things for granted. Saturday we had pizza night. Pizza has a very high fat content. After taking Alli for one week my body wasn't absorbing as much fat as it used to, so needless to say, there was a reaction. Pizza is my weakness, and I ate more than I should have. I will say that it's important to watch what you eat and stay away from fatty foods. Moderation is the key. I walked around and felt bloated for most of Saturday evening and part of Sunday, but now I'm back on track. We'll see what happens this week.

No comments: